Saturday, April 18, 2015

My previous post mentioned that our local newspapers are no longer accepting contributed articles. I still have travel pieces and humor columns on file that I couldn't fit into my current book, "Here and There - This and That". So, if these dumb newspapers don't want 'em, I'll occasionally post one of these extra articles here in my blog.

Meantime, Ruthie asked me last night over our pizza at Woodbine (their thin crust cheese, sausage, and mushroom is pretty good by the way). "Your "Bessie" science fiction novel has been in progress for quite awhile, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, for a couple of years, I guess. Why, sweetie?"

"Well dear, I'm usually not much for science fiction but it has some chapters that even I like. A lot! So, why not post these on your blog? After all this on and off stuff with writing it, posting bits and pieces might help you to finish it!"

"Good idea!" I said.

(A word of explanation; 16 year-old Bessie Howard has an amazing ability to travel through time and space while integrated into a computer with her virtual reality headpiece (or "immersive", or "augmented" reality, or whatever). Anyway, the bad guys working for a mega-computer corporation, Ultra - Tech, want her ability for themselves, so they come after her. Angered at Ultra for pulling this nonsense, Bessie and her pals counter-attack using her special skills and whatever else they can dream up. Which, it turns out, is quite a lot. Etc...etc., but I'll leave it at that for now).

Later this week I'll start by posting my prologue to - "Bessie Howard's Amazing Adventures" Travelling through time and space! Meantime, Ruthie will work on our Comments section to make it easier for you folks to do that. Any you do make are important to us.

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment